6. FTP, SFTP, FTPS or FTPES Connection
fmPreferences - FTP, SFTP, FTPS or FTPES Connection
This section describes how to setup FTP connection to be able to upload and preview images using Store Manager for CubeCart.
FTP connection is not required, you may skip it. FTP is used for images - downloading and uploading images for products, categories and manufacturers. If there is no valid FTP connection specified, you will not be able to view images and upload them to your server.
See an example of properly configured FTP below:
- Server address - IP address or domain name of FTP server. Do not use any prefixes or suffixes there, just simple name or IP.
- FTP user name/ FTP password - specify login information. If you do not know your access details, please contact your Hosting Company and request details.
- Use passive mode (recommended).
- Max FTP threads - the number of threads allowed. Can be used if your Hosting Company has any limitations on the number of threads.
- Cache images - has to be enabled to cache images downloaded to Store Manager.
Every FTP user has home directory - some directory on the server where user are connected to by default. Depending on specific configuration or FTP account settings it may be different from one server to another. After server address, user name and password specified you may just browse your FTP and select which directory is used to store images. If you want to type path manually start from user home directory as shown above.
Note: FTP account (settings - login/password) used for images management must have rights to read/write appropriate directories otherwise FTP feature may not work properly.
Click "Test Connect" button to verify whether all settings you have specified are correct. If everything is correct, you should see "Connection Successful" message.