6. Product Filters and Views
fmProducts - Product Filters and Views options
Store Manager gives you ability to filter and sort data in a more useful order - in this case, product listings. Please find the following buttons and fields at the end of Products Tool-bar:
Also you can use any of the column headings to filter items basing on any parameter.
The following topics are covered:
- Sorting and Filtering Data Using Column Headings
- Group by Box
- Show Filter Row
Let's check all filter options one by one:
Sorting and Filtering Data Using Column Headings
You can order your data using column headings in ascending or descending order as well as based on multiple column values.
- Sorting CubeCart data is simply a way of automatically re-ordering rows according to your needs. For instance, you might sort produt list alphabetically by product name, or a list of items from most expensive to least expensive. Simply click on Product name or Product price headings and you'll see way your list is arranged. If that column contains text, the list will be sorted alphabetically; if the data is numeric it will be sorted in number order.
- For example: once you click on Product ID column heading, you'll see the list of products sorted ty product ID; once you click on product name heading, you'll see products sorted in alphabetical order; etc.
- Also Store Manager allows you to rearrange columns according to your needs. For example you would like to see product name as first column, product model and sale price next to model name. In order to rearrange columns, simply drag any column header, and drop it where you would like to see it. Also you can hide or show columns using the list icon.
- Another way to organize data is to filter it. A filter only displays data that meet a certain criteria, such as all records, products with a specific price or status etc. To do this, find the arrow next to the column header name. Click on the arrow and select the criteria that you would like to use as a filter (e.g. you would like to see all products that are disabled at the moment). Check the corresponding check-box (in our case status disabled is equal to value "1") and Store Manager will now display only the records that are disabled at the moment.
- Also you can enable few values as shown below:
- Once the filter is applied, you can see its parameters at the bottom of the page as well as the customization option (see Custom filter options for details).
- You can also use the Custom filter tool to display only records with some specific values. For example you can filter products to display records that have a value greater than a certain number in the column that you are filtering, etc. These options are all available under the drop-down once clicking on "Custom..." option.
- To do this, find the arrow next to the column header name. Click on the arrow and select the "Custom..." option and you will see the following form:
- It allows you to show the records that have a value greater than a certain number in the column that you are filtering, etc. In our case Store Manager will display only the records with sale price greater or equal to 5.00
Once any filter is applied, you can customize it according to your needs. Use Customize... button and you'll see Filter builder form that allows you to add new conditions and modify the current ones.
Also you can save your filters using Save as option or open any filter that was previously saved into file.
You can combine sorting and filter options to see products that meet very specific parameters.
Group by Box
Group by box option shows you a box on top that says "Drag a column header here to group by that column".
Whenever you drag any column header and drop it there (Status grouping is shown below) products will be grouped by this parameter, where condition appears as folders (marked in blue) and products are listed after expanding any folder.
There's also a possibility to build a "category tree" using this filter type. Let's say you want all your products grouped by Status (Disabled or enabled) and each Status by different Price. Simply drag Price header into the gray field and drop it behind Disabled field icon. Check an example below.
When you drag column header back it will be placed between the columns where you drop it.
Show Filter Row
Filter row is similar to column heading filter. It allows you to display data basing on one parameter for each column. To do this, enable the Show filter row option and you'll see the filter section at the top of the product list.
Click on any field to filter data and start typing the value you need. You'll be able to specify the parameter and to filter basing on the specific parameter. Please check below to see an example:
In our case, only disabled products that have sale price 0 are displayed.
Filter drop-down allows you to filter products by category selected in the left pane (Category tree) or to show all products at once:
- Filter by Selected Category. This filter is selected by default. It is useful to see all products that belongs to any specific category and to brows your categories easily. Please note that some products may not be assigned to any category so you will not be able to see them using this filter type.
- Show All Grouped filter allows you to see all products that you currently have at your store. Category column is added to products section once this filter type is selected. If the value is empty here, it means that product doesn't belong to any category at your store.