3. Export Customers
This section will help you to export your CubeCart customers to comma-separated values file (.csv) which can be easily opened in MS Excel or other application for editing.
To export CubeCart customers follow few steps:
- Go to Store -> Customers, open Customers Import/Export wizard and select select Export.
- Also you can load export settings from file using Settings button or you can save settings on the last step of export wizard.
- Store Manager for CubeCart can Export customers to .csv file. You can specify any file name or select one to be replaced.
- Fields delimiter and quote character step has some important settings. Check them to ensure proper configuration.
- Delimiter Character. Most popular delimiters are comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ) however other symbols can be used as well. Export file is usually generated for further import, so the same delimiter should be used while import. Also if you have any troubles opening the result file in excel, try to use different delimiter and check how it goes.
- Quote string values are used to separate strings in CSV file. It is recommended to enable the option if you have desctiptions with any special symbols, commas and semicolons.
- Select fields you want to be exported:
- Enable Export field names as first row in order to see column headings in the exported file.
- All available fields are listed in left pane. Select fields you want to be exported and click ">" button to move them to the right pane. If you'd like to export all fields simply press ">>".
- Tip: The order in which columns will be saved in .csv file can be changed. To do this you can move exported columns up and down using corresponding buttons.
- Note: Once you press "Export" Button, export process will start! This process will take some time.
- Also you can save export settings into file using Settings button in order to use them for future CubeCart customers export.
- Preview Export. On the last page of Export Wizard you can preview the result.
If you don't want to perform any action after saving export data, use "Just close this window" option and wizard will be automatically closed when you press Finish button. If you choose to open a directory containing result file, check corresponding option. Open result file option allows you to see export file opened in Excel.