5. Export Products
This section will help you to export your CubeCart products to comma-separated values file (.csv) which can be easily opened in MS Excel or other application for editing.
To export CubeCart products follow few steps:
- Go to Store -> Categories and Products, open Import/Export products wizard and select Export.
- Also you can load export settings from file using Settings button or you can save settings on the last step of export wizard for future CubeCart products export.
- Store Manager can export products to .csv file. You can specify any file name or select one to be replaced.
- On the next page you can see some general export options.
- Products you'd like to export - Default setting for this option is to export all products from current store. If you wish to export products only from some specific category, highlighted in the list of categories, select "Only from current category" option. Note that you'll need to make sure that the category is highlighted before you run the wizard.
- Fields delimiter and quote character step has some important settings. Check them to ensure proper configuration.
- Delimiter Character. Most popular delimiters are comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ) however other symbols can be used as well. Export file is usually generated for further import, so the same delimiter should be used while import. Also if you have any troubles opening the result file in excel, try to use different delimiter and check how it goes.
- Quote string values are used to separate strings in CSV file. It is recommended to enable the option if you have desctiptions with any special symbols, commas and semicolons.
- Category Delimiter. This is not native .csv setting, it is used by Store Manager only.
- As you know categories are organized in a form of tree, where one category can contain one or more subcategories and subcategory can contain one or more other categories. Category delimiter character is used to separate category names and specify full category tree. Category path is very similar to directory path, used to specify full file name in Windows, where every directory separated by backslash (\) character like this one C:\Program Files\eMagicOne\Store Manager for CubeCart\.
- Export images. You have to select whether to export images and their names and specify image directory on your local PC to download images to. Note that you should configure FTP connection in Preferences -> FTP tab in order to be able to download images to your local PC.
- Select fields you want to be exported:
- Enable Export field names as first row in order to see column headings in the exported file.
- All available fields are listed in left pane. Select fields you want to be exported and click ">" button to move them to the right pane. If you'd like to export all fields simply press ">>".
- Tip: The order in which columns will be saved in .csv file can be changed. To do this you can move exported columns up and down using corresponding buttons.
- Note: When you press "Export" Button, export process will start! This process will take some time.
- Also you can save export settings into file using Settings button in order to use them further.
- Preview Export. On the last page of Export Wizard you can preview the result.
If you don't want to perform any action after saving export data, use "Just close this window" option and wizard will be automatically closed when you press Finish button. If you choose to open a directory containing result file, check corresponding option. Open result file option allows you to see export file opened in Excel.
Now CubeCart products export is finished.