1. Category Editing
fmCategoryEdit, fmCategoriesCopyMethod, fmCategoriesPasteMethod
Edit Category Form
This section describes how to create or edit CubeCart category, assign image, and add description using WYSIWYG editor.
To create a new CubeCart category or edit an existing one, proceed through several steps:
1. Click on create new or edit category icon. The following form appears:
2. In the Edit Category form specify the following data:
- Parent Category - Select parent category from a drop-down list. To create Root/Main/Parent Category just leave this field blank or use "No Patent Category (Top level category)" option.
- Category Name - Specify category name exactly the way it's going to appear in the list of categories.
- Category Description - Specify category description exactly the way it's going to appear on categories page. You can either edit description using Raw mode (Raw HTML code) or use HTML Editor.
- Edit HTML button - shows new HTML editor window of category description. It has 2 tabs: HTML and Code; and Properties Tool-bar. Source preview is useful if you are working directly with "raw" HTML text, which gives you precise control over the tags used in the page. However, by default, you can still work with objects visually.
- Category Image - Select an Image by clicking:
- to browse contents of your local folders and select an image. When you press OK button on edit form it will be uploaded to "Images directory" on FTP. When local image selected, this field will display local image path like C:\My Images\some_image.jpg. But local image path will be replaced with image name some_image.jpg right after upload.
- to select some image stored remotely. It's done by browsing contents of FTP folder specified as "Images directory".
- to open Image Resize Rules window. You can add [+] or delete [-] rules if you need to resize the image.
3. Click Ok to save this entry and to create category, or click cancel to discard this entry.