3. Products Management
fmProducts - Products and Options Sections.
This chapter describes how to manage CubeCart products, CubeCart product descriptions, upload product images, or remove products, manage CubeCart options and much more.
Product management with Store Manager for CubeCart is very simple. You have all necessary tools for adding products and you have no limitation of their number, number of their categories and subcategories. The following topics of CubeCart product management are covered:
In CubeCart products context menu or toolbar, you can find the following options:
- Refresh data forces product list update. It is useful when you're changing connection or have any doubts like is the latest data displayed.
- Add new product calls blank Edit Product form, which is used to create a new product. Please see below for options.
- To edit product you can double click on it or use "Edit product" button. It calls edit product form for product you've selected. Please see below for options.
- You can Delete selected product from your store using corresponding options. Pay attention that you won't be able to undo delete from store option unless you've made Database backup.
- You can Clear product options and attributes from one or several products simultaneously. You have to confirm this operation. Pay attention that you won't be able to undo delete from store option unless you've made database backup.
- To Assign categories to mulitple products at once, use corresponding option. It allows you to assign new categories to one of multiple products at once.
- Export products to Excel/HTML option allows you to save data that you can see in the main grid into Excel or HTML file instantly.
- To Adjust columns width use appropriate icon.
Basic Operations (Add, Edit, Delete)
In product options context menu or toolbar, you can find the following features:
- Refresh data forces options list update. It is useful when you're changing connection or have any doubts like is the latest data displayed.
- Add new option and its value calls blank form, which is used to create new options and values. Please see below for details.
- To edit option and its values you can double click on it or use edit option button. It calls edit product options and values form for highlighted option. You can change product, CubeCart option name, option value and price here.
- An attribute is basically a specific value of some option. So Option is the first attribute parameter to be set.
- Every option has its own values. You cannot set a value unless you chose an option. Store Manager has some default Options and their Values that you may use.
- Prefix - Allows you to specify if the option price is added or substracted from the product price. It can be "+" : if this product attribute selected, some extra charge (specified in "Price" field) will be added to basic product price; "-" prefix will subtract the amount specified in "Price" field from the basic product price. If you don't need to make any price changes, simply leave the prefix field blank.
- Option Price - Specify the price to be added or substructed from product price.
Copy/paste feature is used to spread the same options for multiple products at once. You can copy selected options to clipboard and paste them to any other product or to multiple products at once. In case you have multiple stores you can paste options and values to any product in any other store (after you change the connection in Tools -> Quick connection switch).