7. Products Search
fmProductsSearch - Products Search Frame
This section describes how to use search form and to find products for editing without browsing store folders.
You can perform CubeCart product search by product ID, name or product code (model).
If you type a few letters of Product's name or code in "Text to Search" field, the Manager will show you a list of products that match your request. You can specify * to see all products from your store. If you double click on any product in the search results, Store Manager will take you to it's category page and highlight searched product in product list.
Product Search Form
- Immediate search - when enabled, helps you to see a list of products that match your request while you're typing letters without pressing "Find" button.
- Note: Do not use this option if you have slow direct database connection.
- Exact match - enable this option if you wish to see the list of products with exactly the same name/model.
- To open product for editing double clicking on it enable the Edit Selected Product check-box.
Store Manager shows you a list of products that match your request at the "Results" pane. You can perform the following actions using search results:
- Find the product - If you double-click on any product in the search results, Store Manager will take you to its category page and highlight searched product in product list. Also you can highlight the product and hit Ok to go to the category page and see the product.
- Open Edit Product form - If you enable "Open for editing" option, Edit Product window will appear along with the regular results.
Filter option allows you to add your search conditions to the list of filters and apply them to your products in the main grid.
If you do not want to make any actions (like find the product for editing or applying filters) hit Cancel to leave the form.